Monday 14 November 2011

My Dentyl Complete Care Mouthwash Review



There are times when you use a product for so long you think to yourself it’s time to try a different product just to change things up a bit.
I have been using Listerine Original for an age, it does burn your mouth slightly but it gets the job done. My teeth do look and feel whiter after using Listerine.

Last week I had the urge to try a new mouthwash; Dentyl Active Complete Care. It’s design caught my attention, although it was slightly more expensive. The bottle had this oil/water like interaction inside which made me curious. The bottle had to be shaken vigorously to activate the mouthwash formula, this sounded like a lot of fun. An alcoholic free mouthwash which works in 6 ways? I couldn’t wait to try it.

A few days in and I have to say this mouthwash is bizarre. I use it once in the mornings and I have started to feel residue around my teeth later in the days I have used it. Picture yourself drinking an excessive amount of fizzy soda drinks, sugar dense foods and not brushing your teeth for 24 hours. Having a quick glance in the mirror whenever I could see that my teeth were not as white as they used to be and they didn’t feel too great either. I hadn’t changed anything in my daily routine but my mouthwash (I was using the original Oral-B precision on my electric toothbrush during that time instead of my preferred floss action head) so I now feel that Dentyl mouthwash is a strange product. I’m going to aim to finish the bottle in the hope that my teeth and gums are going through a transitional phase where they are adapting to the new mouthwash... Hmm.

I am disappointed in this product, clearly not suitable for people who are serious about maintaining a good set of teeth; Dentyl will not be seeing my money until I hear of a positive change in their mouthwash. Maybe it’s for the children?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Leon for the review. I think I will try Dentyl. Haytham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha yes. I think we all should.

    ReplyDelete