Sunday 13 November 2011

Stic - The Workout



The Workout is a solo album released by Sticman, a member of the Hip-Hop group Dead Prez. The album was released earlier in 2011 and I’m only just discovering it. I want to give Stic and The Workout plenty of praise as his whole approach to the project has been positive. In 2011 we have celebrities who are role models whether they like it or not, to the people that admire them. Celebrities really are powerful figures as their influence on society is strong. They are part of the media entertainment industry after all; TV, internet, film, magazines, the lot.

There is a lyric from Morrissey that I wanted to share which I found particularly difficult to forget and it comes from The Smiths track; ‘I Know It’s Over’

“It’s so easy to laugh,
It’s so easy to hate,
It takes strength to be gentle and kind”

It’s really difficult to spread a positive, powerful message to the world and I commend any individual who makes the effort to do just so.

Stic claims to have produced and album which has no cursing, no ‘N’ word, it is an album solely made to aid one through their personal growth. It was made to inspire, motivate and encourage optimal health and wellness in us and from what I’ve heard so far, it sounds pretty good too.

Stic has a website dedicated to the RBG (Reaching Bigger Goals) movement and I’m excited by it, I will most likely buy a T-Shirt from there or something and possibly the CD itself. I really to do hope that an American ‘Medium’ is small enough for me...

Dead Prez have had a major influence on my life and I feel urged to express my gratitude for opening my eyes and encouraging me to view the world from different perspectives. My health became consciously objectified after I listened to ‘Let’s Get Free’ back in 2000. Playing the album almost daily became a ritual for me and I have a lot to thank for it, amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment